Tuesday, December 16, 2008

After she died...


After Hatsheput died, all signs that she was pharaoh were destroyed, while ones showing she was Queen were left intact. That information makes me wonder if her son (he was the one who destroyed her monuments) thought she was a good mother/pharaoh. If I were her son, I too would be just a little bit mad about my mom holding the throne from me until I was 20 years old (and that was only because she died! Who knows how long she would have held the throne from him!) I can understand why she was pharaoh for a little while because her son was only 5 years old when his dad died. But King Tut was only like 9 when he started ruling. What I want to know is how he got people to listen to him.(I personally would have a hard time obeying midget man! And whatever happened to respect your elders!)

No comments:

Post a Comment